Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013

The Guild - project 2013 (2)

Gentlemen,

as written earlier I joined this years "the guild" project build.
My idea is to work on late war winter Soviets - just to have respectable "foes" for my "Oder-Germans".
Started out with some infantry and worked on at least three sets: Zvesda Scouts, Revell´s "Sibirians" and my all time favored Italeri "Winter Soviets". The Revell set is of nice topic with those "Biathlon" Ski-hunters. But... the sprue and figures don´t follow todays quality standards. We have much flash on the sprue, the figures are a bit flat and the faces are live-less.
Having the Zvesda Scouts at home I came to the idea to place them on the skis from the Revell-set.

Was quite placed with the results.
Here are some of the pictures... more on the website from "The guild".

Cheers
Per-Birk


Kommentare:

  1. Very nice work, Birk. The gray shade on the snow suits looks good, and I like the scenery in your photos. Nice idea to use the skis from the Revell set. I have that set and have never touched it.
    Good stuff.

    AntwortenLöschen